Dr. Pedro Machava
Personal / Professional Information:
- Full Name: PEDRO RAFAEL MACHAVA;
- Date of Birth: 09 JANUARY 1973;
- Sex: MALE;
- Birth Place: MAPUTO,MOZAMBIQUE;
- Languages: PORTUGUESE, ENGLISH AND SPANISH;
- Profession: HOSPITAL MEDICAL CONSULTANT;
- Role: OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGIST SPECIALIST.
- 1999-2003, Higher Institute of Medical Sciences of Havana, Cuba | Specialist First Degree in Otorhinolaryngology;
- 1993-1999, Higher Institute of Medical Sciences of Havana, Cuba | Degree in Medicine;
- 1990-1993, Pre-University Institute Andrés Antonovich Grescko, Cuba | Bachelor;
- 1987-1990, ESBEC, Cuba | 9th Class, Secondary;
- 1984-1986, Noroeste Second High School, Maputo, Mozambique | 6th Class, Secondary;
- 1979-1983, Felipe E. Machava Primary School, Maputo, Mozambique | 4th Class, Primary.
- 2012-Current, Head of the National Program of Otorhinolaryngology ,and Director of the Otorhinolaryngology Department in Maputo's Central Hospital Ministry of Health | Maputo, Mozambique;
- 2006-2011, Director of Emergency and Resuscitation Services for Beira's Central Hospital | Beira, Mozambique;
- 2004-2011, Director of Otorhinolaryngology Department for Beira's Central Hospital | Beira, Mozambique.
- 2011-Current, Otorhinolaryngology courses at University of Eduardo Mondlane - Medical Department | Maputo, Mozambique;
- 2013-Current, Otorhinolaryngology regent at ISCTEM - Medical Department | Maputo, Mozambique;
- 2004-2011, Otorhinolaryngology courses at Catholic University of Mozambique-Faculty of Health Sciences | Beira, Mozambique;
- 2004-2011, Anatomy, surgical pathology, otorhinolaryngology, medicine, nursing, instrumentation technical courses at Beira's Institute of Health Sciences | Beira, Mozambique.
- 2009, Otorhinolaryngology technical courses at Maputo's Institute of Health Sciences | Maputo, Mozambique;
- 2007-2009, Anatomy I & II technical courses and dentistry at the University of Zambeze | Beira, Mozambique;
- 2009-2011, Anatomy I, II & III technical courses at the University of Chipande | Beira, Mozambique.
Otorhinolaryngology is the area of medicine that deals with disorders and conditions of the ear, nose, and throat (ENT) region, and related areas of the head and neck.
- Otorhinopediatrics or Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Characteristics of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngologist
- When to go or take a child to the Otorhinolaryngologist?
The Division of Otolaryngology that provides medical and surgical treatment for children with disorders of the ears, nose and throat (ENT), as well as head and neck tumors.
Otorhinopediatrics use interview techniques, physical assessments, and equipments designed for the examination/surgery of pediatric patients.
If one following points indicate a problem:
• Mouth and tongue ;
• Changes in speech, language and learning;